Please read these guidelines thoroughly before submitting to Lunch Ticket. Submissions that do not adhere to our guidelines will not be considered.
Beginning January 2021, each genre will have a theme. Please make sure that any work submitted aligns in some way with that genre section's theme. Work that does not align with a genre’s theme will not be considered.
Poetry Theme for Lunch Ticket, Issue 19: "Hopeful Futures"
This cycle, our section is seeking poetry that ruminates on a hopeful future, whether this means imagining one or wrestling with the changes of the past year. We invite strong imagery and unique voices.
Poetry Submission Guidelines:
- Please submit once per submission period.
- If your poetry has been published in Lunch Ticket, please wait one year before submitting again.
- All submissions at Lunch Ticket are read nameless in the first round. We only read pieces that have all identifying information removed. Make sure to check the title and file before sending.
- Submit up to 3 poems per cycle, each in a separate document.
- We recognize that poetry often calls for its own particular formatting. When in doubt, use 12-pt Times New Roman font.
- We do allow simultaneous submissions, however, if your piece is published elsewhere, please let us know immediately.
- We do not accept previously published work.
- We accept multilingual submissions in all genres.
- All submitters are added to our bi-monthly newsletter email subscriber list.
We look forward to sampling your work!