Please read these guidelines thoroughly before submitting to Lunch Ticket. Submissions that do not adhere to our guidelines will be automatically rejected without being read.
We review Fiction submissions from February 1 to April 30, and August 1 to October 31.
Fiction Submission Guidelines:
- Please submit once per submission period.
- If your fiction has been published in Lunch Ticket, please wait one year before submitting again.
- All submissions at Lunch Ticket are read blind in the first round. Any submissions with identifying information will be returned without consideration.
- All prose must be double-spaced in 12-pt Times New Roman font.
- Please include a word count at the top of your piece - we accept prose from 751 up to 5,000 words.
- If your piece is 750 words and under, please submit it to the Flash Prose category.
- We do allow simultaneous submissions, however, if your piece is published elsewhere, please let us know immediately.
- We do not accept previously published work.
- We accept multilingual submissions in all genres.
We look forward to sampling your work!