THIS CATEGORY IS ONLY OPEN
TO SUBMISSIONS FROM ANTIOCH UNIVERSITY MFA STUDENTS AND ALUMNI.
DEADLINE EXTENDED to OCTOBER 1!
Amuse-Bouche: Writers Read is an occasional series showcasing craft-based
reviews of published works of fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, and
We do not accept submissions from the AULA MFA
program's faculty or staff for publication in any section of the journal. We do
not accept submissions for Writers Read reviewing published works by faculty or staff.
Pieces selected for Amuse-Bouche are featured
for two weeks and promoted through our social media networks with the same
enthusiasm as our regularly published issues. After the showcase,
Amuse-Bouche features remain on Lunch Ticket.
Read Submission Guidelines:
- Please submit once per
Amuse-Bouche submission period.
- All manuscripts must be double-spaced in 12-pt Times New Roman
font, up to 5,000 words.
- We do allow simultaneous submissions,
however, if your piece is published elsewhere, please let us know
- We do not accept previously published work.
- Please confirm in your cover letter that you are a current student or alumni
of the Antioch University Los Angeles MFA program, and let us know your cohort,
concentration, and graduation date.
Our preference is for annotations of books that are on-mission:
- Work by writers from underrepresented or historically misrepresented communities
- Work that engages with issues of social, economic, and environmental justice
We look forward to sampling your work!