Please read the genre-specific guidelines before submitting to Lunch Ticket.
Lunch Ticket is an online literary and visual art journal, published in June and December. We are proud to host two prizes, the Diana Woods Memorial Award in Creative Nonfiction, and the Gabo Prize for Literature in Translation & Multilingual Texts. We publish content throughout the year in our Amuse-Bouche: Spotlight series, featuring an individual writer or artist every other week.
Our review periods:
January and July:
Amuse-Bouche: Spotlight—Literary submissions only, in all literary
genres (Visual Art for Amuse-Bouche is submitted and reviewed in the
Visual Art Genre)
February and August:
The Diana Woods Memorial Award in Creative Nonfiction
The Gabo Prize for Literature in Translation & Multilingual Texts
February 1 to April 30 and August 1 to October 31:
Visual Art (all art submissions are considered for Amuse-Bouche and the next LT issue)
March 1 to April 30 and September 1 to October 31:
Multilingual Texts are welcome in all genres after The Gabo Prize closes
The fine print:
If accepted for publication, Lunch Ticket retains the first North American serial rights of the piece. All other, remaining rights revert to the author upon publication. If the work is published again, we ask for a credit line to indicate that the work first appeared in Lunch Ticket.
If you are currently enrolled or a MFA graduate of Antioch University Los Angeles, we ask that you refrain from submitting to Lunch Ticket and Amuse-Bouche: Spotlight for at least two years from your graduation date. We do not accept submissions from the AULA MFA program's faculty or staff.
Amuse-Bouche: Writers Read publishes literary annotations written by AULA MFA students and alumni in an occasional series. The submissions for this section are currently closed, and when open, are only available to AULA MFA students and alumni.
Please read these guidelines thoroughly before submitting to Lunch Ticket. Submissions that do not adhere to our guidelines will be automatically rejected without being reviewed.
We review all Visual Art submissions from February 1 to April 30, and August 1 to October 31. We accept Visual Art submitted here for our main Lunch Ticket issues and for our Amuse-Bouche: Spotlight series.
We accept visual art submissions including photography, mixed-media, painting, sculpture, installation, printmaking, graphic narratives, and other 2D work.
Visual Art Submission Guidelines:
- Please submit once per submission period.
- If your visual art has been published in Lunch Ticket or Amuse-Bouche: Spotlight, please wait six months before submitting again.
- All submissions at Lunch Ticket are viewed blind in the first round. Any submissions with identifying information in the IMAGES or STATEMENT will be returned without consideration. This includes the artist's first or last name as part of the document title.
- Submit 8-10 images in JPEG, PDF, TIFF, GIF or PNG format. Each image should be numbered and named in this format: “1_title.” If the title of a work is long, you may abbreviate it in the image name.
- Submit in a single DOC, DOCX, or PDF file (titled “Statement”) the following:
- An artist statement (50-400 words) with no identifying information
- The name of the collection
- A list of submitted images with the following information in this order: Image Number, Image Title, Date (year), Medium, Dimensions.
- We do allow simultaneous submissions, however, if your work is published elsewhere, please let us know immediately.
- We do not accept previously published work.
If your work is accepted for publication, we will ask for a short bio, and you’ll have a chance to edit your statement for publication.
We look forward to sampling your work!