Please read these guidelines thoroughly before submitting to Lunch Ticket. Submissions that do not adhere to our guidelines will be automatically rejected without being reviewed.
We review all Visual Art submissions from February 1 to April 30, and August 1 to October 31. We accept Visual Art submitted here for our main Lunch Ticket issues and for our Amuse-Bouche: Spotlight series.
We accept visual art submissions including photography, mixed-media, painting, sculpture, installation, printmaking, graphic narratives, and other 2D work.
Visual Art Submission Guidelines:
- Please submit once per submission period.
- If your visual art has been published in Lunch Ticket or Amuse-Bouche: Spotlight, please wait six months before submitting again.
- All submissions at Lunch Ticket are viewed blind in the first round. Any submissions with identifying information in the IMAGES or STATEMENT will be returned without consideration. This includes the artist's first or last name as part of the document title.
- Submit 8-10 images in JPEG, PDF, TIFF, GIF or PNG format. Each image should be numbered and named in this format: “1_title.” If the title of a work is long, you may abbreviate it in the image name.
- Submit in a single DOC, DOCX, or PDF file (titled “Statement”) the following:
- An artist statement (50-400 words) with no identifying information
- The name of the collection
- A list of submitted images with the following information in this order: Image Number, Image Title, Date (year), Medium, Dimensions.
- We do allow simultaneous submissions, however, if your work is published elsewhere, please let us know immediately.
- We do not accept previously published work.
If your work is accepted for publication, we will ask for a short bio, and you’ll have a chance to edit your statement for publication.
We look forward to sampling your work!