Please read these guidelines thoroughly before submitting to Lunch Ticket. Submissions that do not adhere to our guidelines will be automatically rejected without being reviewed.
We review all Visual Art submissions from February 1 to April 30, and August 1 to October 31 for our main Lunch Ticket issues. Submissions entered throughout the rest of the year will likely be considered for our Amuse-Bouche: Spotlight series, though you may also be chosen for our main issue.
We accept visual art submissions including photography, mixed-media, painting, sculpture, installation, printmaking, graphic narratives, and other 2D work.
Visual Art Submission Guidelines:
- Please submit once per submission period.
- If your visual art has been published in Lunch Ticket or Amuse-Bouche: Spotlight, please wait six months before submitting again.
- All submissions at Lunch Ticket are viewed nameless in the first round. Any submissions with identifying information in the IMAGES or STATEMENT will be returned without consideration. This includes the artist's first or last name as part of the document title.
- Submit 8-10 images in JPEG, PDF, TIFF, GIF or PNG format. Each image should be numbered and named in this format: “1_title.” If the title of a work is long, you may abbreviate it in the image name.
- Submit in a single DOC or DOCX file (titled “Statement”) the following three things:
1. An artist statement (50-400 words) with no
2. The name of the collection
3. A list of submitted images with the following
information in this order: Image Number, Image
Title, Date (year), Medium, Dimensions.
- We do allow simultaneous submissions, however, if your work is published elsewhere, please let us know immediately.
- We do not accept previously published work.
- All submitters are added to our bi-monthly newsletter email subscriber list.
If your work is accepted for publication, we will ask for a short bio, and you’ll have a chance to edit your statement for publication.
We look forward to sampling your work!