Please read these guidelines thoroughly before submitting
to Lunch Ticket. Submissions that do not adhere to our guidelines
will be automatically rejected without being read.
We review YA (Writing for Young People 13+) submissions from
February 1 to April 30, and August 1 to October 31.
YA Submission Guidelines:
- Please submit once per submission
- If your YA has been published in Lunch Ticket,
please wait six months before submitting again.
- All submissions at Lunch Ticket are read blind in the first round. Any submissions
with identifying information will be returned without consideration.
- All prose must be double-spaced in 12-pt Times New Roman font.
- Please include the genre (Creative Nonfiction or Fiction) and
a word count at the top of your piece: we accept prose up to 5,000 words.
- We do allow simultaneous submissions, however, if your
piece is published elsewhere, please let us know immediately.
- We do not accept previously published work.
- We accept multilingual submissions in all genres.
We look forward to sampling your work!