Please read these guidelines thoroughly before submitting. Submissions that do not adhere to our guidelines will be automatically rejected without being read.
We review Literary Translation submissions from March 1 to April 30, and September 1 to October 31.
Translation Submission Guidelines:
- Please submit once per submission period.
- If your Translation has been published in Lunch Ticket, please wait six months before submitting again.
- All submissions at Lunch Ticket are read blind. Any submissions with identifying information will be returned without consideration.
- All prose must be double-spaced in 12-pt Times New Roman font.
- Please include a word count at the top of your piece – we accept prose up to 5,000 words.
- Poems, we understand, follow their own formatting rules. When in doubt, use 12-pt Times New Roman font; please submit no more than ten pages of poems.
- We do allow simultaneous submissions, however, if your piece is published elsewhere, please let us know immediately.
- We do not accept previously published work.
- Include a statement about your translation process (translator’s statement) in your cover letter.
- Include the original work along with your translation.
- Include a statement that grants us permission to publish both the original work and the translation online, and that certifies that you have received permission from the original rights holder (either the publisher or the author, as applicable) to grant us such rights.
We look forward to reading your work!